S'more dip is an easy and quick treat that will be an instant hit at any party. This Halloween dip is made into a themed treat by adding a marshmallow peep. Try it in a baking dish or use a cast-iron mini skillet like I did and enjoy the chocolatey gooeyness of a s'mores treat!
Halloween peeps are the perfect addition to this dessert dip because they are adorable and unless you're one of those who like them plain they're great mixed in with other marshmallows to make a dip. Try the pumpkin, cat or ghost peeps too for even more fun and spooky options. This is the perfect dip to sit next to our Easy Halloween Popcorn Balls!
Looking for more ideas for s'mores?
- Air Fryer S'mores (Make s'mores indoors!)
- Rice Cake S'mores (in the Air Fryer!)
- Campfire Strawberries- Made with Marshmallow Fluff!
- Cotton Candy S'mores
How to Make S'mores Dip
- First, add a thin layer of chocolate chips to the bottom of your baking dish. I used my mini cast iron skillet, but you can use any pan you prefer. I've also made smores dip with a larger 9x13 or an 8x8 pan. If you're using a different size you'll just want to increase the amount of chocolate chips and marshmallows you're using.
- Then, place your monster (or other variety) of peep in the middle of the pan. You could also create a pattern of monsters, cats, ghosts and pumpkins, depending on which peeps you have available.
- Next fill in the rest of the pan with plain white mini marshmallows.
- Add your pan to the oven and bake for a minute or two. Keep a very close eye on the skillet. Depending on the size of your skillet and how hot your oven runs this could be ready in as little as a minute or take a few extra minutes to get toasty and gooey.
- It's worth repeating, keep a close eye on your smores dip while it's in the oven. Depending on the size of marshmallows, your baking dish and the temp of the oven it could bake very quickly or take a few extra minutes.
- I found that using a mini cast iron pan and mini marshmallows made the dish 'toast' a bit more quickly.
- Try different peeps or make a jack-o-lantern with orange sprinkles and marshmallows too.
- Try different shapes and sizes of pans to get a different effect. This American flag s'mores dip has been super popular! (PS be sure to follow up on Pinterest for more inspiration and ideas!)
- Mix up the flavors with butterscotch chocolate chips, reeses instead of chocolate chips or any other favorite s'mores addition.
Halloween S'mores Dip with Peeps
- 1 mini skillet or baking dish of choice. What you use will determine how many marshmallows and chocolate chips you need.
- 1 oven
- ⅔ cup mini chocolate chips could also use dark chocolate or another flavor
- 1 peep marshmallow monster, pumpkin, cat or ghost
- ⅓ cup mini marshmallows approximately
- Turn your oven on to 175° F or to a warming temperature.
- Add a layer of mini chocolate chips to the bottom of your cast mini iron skillet. You can use a regular baking dish or a larger size, that will just determine how many marshmallows you need. If baking for a crowd size up.
- Place your peep marshmallow in the middle of the skillet and surround with mini marshmallows.
- Put the dish in the oven and set timer for 2-3 minutes, checking on it periodically. It's important to keep an eye on it because it can heat (and/or burn) very quickly depending on how hot your oven runs. I would check on it every 30-45 seconds.
- Carefully remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Serve with graham cracker pieces for scooping out the s'mores dip.