The smells and tastes of summer are absolutely not complete without roasted marshmallows. But... what if you could duplicate that taste in 3 minutes... inside.. and in your air fryer? Sign me up for air fryer s'mores! No more rained out camping trips or playing camping without the best s'mores! This is the perfect treat for a summer birthday party or a camping themed birthday party. If you're looking for a specific color or for a fun twist you can make s'mores with peeps too.
In the past when we've done an 'indoor campout' we always just made the s'mores in the microwave. Which, is still an option. But, making them in my air fryer has a lot of benefits and the biggest one is that you get a toasted outer layer of marshmallow that duplicates the bonfire experience.
- If you're having trouble keeping your graham cracker and marshmallow from flying around the air fryer put a sheet of aluminum foil over it. It'll help it to stay grounded.
- You can also use an air fryer basket (like a coffee filter for the air fryer) or foil or parchment paper under the s'more to keep the marshmallow from spilling over and making a mess.
- After the marshmallow had been in the air fryer for 2 minutes I added the other half with the chocolate so it was slightly melted when I combined the pieces.
S'mores don't keep well, it's best to enjoy these treats right away!
Whatever is your favorite! The classic Hershey's bar is a go to around here, but Reese's, Heath, and Crunch bars are all good options.
I have put foil in my air fryer to help keep it clean/the mess to a minimum. It also can help hold food down.
Yes! This is how I used to make them indoors. But the air fryer makes the marshmallow have that cripsy edge so it feels more like a bonfire experience. You can make them in the oven too if needed.
- Cinnamon graham crackers with marshmallows
- Reeses cup instead of milk chocolate (or try it on a rice cake!)
- A rice cake s'more with mini marshmallows
- Heath bar, butterfinger or a crunch bar as your chocolate piece
- Try making a smores dip in the oven!
Air Fryer S'mores (Indoor S'mores!)
- 1 air fryer basket or countertop is fine.
- 1 fork to remove marshmallow from air fryer.
- 4 single graham crackers broken into two pieces. You can make as many as you want, you'll need one graham cracker per s'more broken in half.
- 4 single marshmallows I recommend the regular or s'mores size.
- 4 pieces of chocolate or 3 little pieces from a hershey's bar. Can also use Hershey's miniature chocolate bars.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390°.
- Once ready, break your graham cracker in half and place the marshmallow on one side and the chocolate bar on the other piece.
- Add the graham cracker with the marshmallow to the air fryer. Air fry for 3 minutes. Optional- use foil to cover the marshmallow so it doesn't fly around. I didn't have this happen with my marshmallow but have in the past with the rice cakes version.
- After 2 minutes, open the air fryer and add the graham cracker with the chocolate so it becomes slightly melted.
- Use a fork or spoon to remove the s'more from the air fryer after it has cooled. Be careful, it will be hot.
- Place the two sides of the graham cracker together and enjoy!
Making s'mores in the air fryer is such a fun idea!