This really is the sweetest season, and to add to that- I have so many friends who are expecting babies and due in the early spring months. A lot of their baby showers are in the winter months, so I thought I would share this easy winter themed baby shower that I recently hosted for one of my closest friends. The nice thing about a winter baby shower is that Christmas decorations can be incorporated into it, which means spending less money on decor specifically for the shower! Read on to see how we styled this simple shower, and hopefully learn some helpful tips for your next event!
Throwing a shower soon? We have lots of baby and bridal shower inspo for you!
Food for the winter themed baby shower
This shower was relatively small and held in the mid afternoon, so we went with lighter food options. Tip: If budget is an issue when throwing a shower, a mid afternoon time frame is perfect for saving on food! Usually people have already eaten lunch and so there's no need for a full meal. Here is a list of what was on our food table:
- Pomegranate and goat cheese winter salad
- meat and cheese grazing board
- Gingerbread Cookie Wreath- we have a full tutorial on how to make this here!
- bite sized chocolate candies from Trader Joes
Aside from the Gingerbread cookie wreath on our food table, we opted to have a hot cocoa bar for dessert! This was the perfect option for a winter themed baby shower as it was a cozy drink to sip on and a fun little activity for guests to do!
Winter baby shower decor
The best part about a winter themed shower? Christmas decorations!! I had several small Christmas trees that I scattered throughout and on the food/dessert tables. Even if you are throwing a winter baby shower after the Christmas decorations have been put away, don't forget about them when planning yours! Neutral tree decorations and greenery are perfect for this theme! I tend to stick with white and neutral decorations in general, which works well with the winter vibe. Here is a list of decorations for a winter themed shower:
- Neutral decorations on a Christmas tree- my Modern Boho Christmas Tree is a great example!
- Fresh Garland- pick up at Trader Joes or at a floral shop!
- Small (fake) trees for table decor- a few of mine were flocked and added those cozy snowy vibes
- Pine Cones
- White Garland- like our DIY Pom Pom Garland!
- Silver/White/Glittery small accent pieces like tree figurines or snowflakes
- White serving platters and plates for the food
I hope this gives you some inspiration when it comes to winter baby showers! We kept this one simple and sweet, and it turned out just the way we wanted it to. If you use any of these suggestions for your own shower, please let me know in the comments!