This week is such an exciting one for my family because my younger brother gets to marry the love of his life in a few days!! I am so thrilled to officially have a new sister! She is just the sweetest person on the planet, so I wanted to make her bridal shower extra cute and special. This lemon themed bridal shower is probably my favorite look that I've ever done! We added some other fruits to make it an overall citrus themed bridal shower- and this would also work perfectly for throwing a "main squeeze bridal shower" theme as well! Read on for all of the colorful details!
Looking for More Wedding Inspiration?
- DIY Wedding Arch Backdrop Panels
- She's Been Scooped Up- A Sweet Summertime Bridal Shower
- My Blush Pink Wedding Theme
Lemon Bridal Shower Table Settings
The idea for this shower really came together for me when I was doing my daily Target run (slightly kidding but also not really?! haha) and found these plates for a STEAL! I mean $.50 for a plate?!!? You can't go wrong. I got them in the light pink color! We used regular silverware for the plates along with champagne flutes! Hint: If you ever need some affordable champagne flutes, I bought these years ago at Ikea and use them for almost every single event I host!
My aunt was kind enough to lend us her gorgeous yellow and white gingham table linens and matching napkins. A similar option for the table linens can be found here! I seriously loved that yellow pop of color on the tables, and it provided the perfect backdrop for our citrus themed bridal shower!
Citrus Themed Bridal Shower Decor
The decorations for this shower were so colorful! I picked up gorgeous blooms from my go-to: Trader Joe's! They always have the best flowers for a shower, in my opinion! I grabbed some orange Dahlias, white dinner plate Dahlias, Peonies in 3 different pinks, Craspedias (Billy Ball flowers), and some Chamomile for filler. The flowers were mainly in bud vases with a few larger ones at the center of the table and on the food table.
The bride loves candles, and since this was an evening dinner shower, we placed alternating orange and pink taper candles down the table. In order to give the table more dimension, we used differing height candleholders. I had some leftover white votive candles from my wedding, so we also layered those down the table too!
Lastly, we put fresh lemons, oranges, and grapefruits on the tables. Some of them were cut in half and some were whole! My mom and I also used sliced dried fruit for each plate and then scattered them on all the tables. We also made a garland out of it! I will be posting how to make a citrus fruit garland in the future, because this was so so cute!! I would highly suggest doing a citrus garland for any main squeeze bridal shower theme too! I used blood oranges, oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruit for this garland.
This balloon arch was definitely a labor of love, but it added such a fun element to the space. We used alternating balloon sizes and colors in pinks, yellow, orange, and white. In the top right corner we placed little flower shapes made out of the mini balloons, and it was so so cute!! The pink chair in the middle added the best finishing touch, too!
Food + Drinks
Pasta was on the menu for this lemon themed bridal shower! We had a few hot pasta dishes, a pasta salad, a green salad, and some focaccia bread and appetizers! It was all so yummy!
The bride is a big fan of mimosas, so of course we had to include some orange juice and champagne to drink!! The other drinks included sparkling water, and any citrus sparkling juice that Trader Joe's had to offer!
Helpful Tips for Throwing A Lemon Themed Bridal Shower
- Use fresh citrus (lemons, oranges- all types, grapefruits, limes, etc) as a main decoration component! Sprinkle them across all the tables, halved or whole, or sliced and dried!
- I found that this shower felt more "homey" to me- maybe it was the yellow gingham linens, BUT the point being- use a picnic or a traditional kitchen tablecloth (think florals/ ivy/ even blue and white) as a backdrop for the table! blue + white + lemon totally gives me Italy vibes!
- make it COLORFUL! Citrus is so vibrant on it is own, but punch up the color with beautiful blooms!! If more color isn't the vibe?! Stick with greenery like eucalyptus, and make the citrus the star!
- If a balloon arch is off limits, consider using a dried citrus garland or strands of eucalyptus tied together as a backdrop for photo ops!
- Candles make everything better. Just saying! Especially for an evening event! Even simple white candles elevate any tablescape!
Lemon Bridal Shower Final Thoughts
This shower was so fun to plan! There is so much that can be done with this theme and so many unique ways to create a beautiful shower space. A main squeeze bridal shower theme would be so cute with all of these decorations also! We had this shower in the evening, and it was the first "dinner" shower that I have thrown.. but I have to say that I am a fan! Once the sun set and the candles were twinkling, it was just pure magic! Please let me know if you enjoyed reading about this lemon themed bridal shower in the comments!
Looking for more inspiration for your next event? Check out these posts!
- Traditionally Cozy's Celebrations
- My Blush Pink Wedding Theme
- 'Two the Farm' Second Birthday Party!
- 'Baby in Bloom' Baby Shower