I love quick snacks and desserts that I can whip up to share with my husband! I'm also a sucker for anything chocolate and peanut butter, so this rice cake snack recipe is the best of both worlds. If you've seen our pb cup rice cake or our s'mores version, you'll know that we're big fans of the versatile rice cakes. So today I'm sharing my rice cake with "peanut butter and jelly" treat with you! It has luscious dark chocolate, freeze dried strawberries and silky smooth peanut butter.. yummm.
Putting it together!
This is so so simple you guys! Take a rice cake and smooth a layer of peanut butter over the top. I personally like a thin layer but feel free to make it to taste!
Next, put the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt them. I usually do this in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds. Tip: Be careful not to microwave the chocolate too much without stirring or it will get crunchy and burnt! This is why I do 30 seconds at a time. Once the chocolate is fully melted, cover the rice cake snack in a layer of chocolate and smooth out with a spoon or knife.
Lastly, put some freeze dried strawberries (I used Trader Joe's brand but here is a similar one) in a ziplock or sealable baggy and hand crush them. Sprinkle the strawberry pieces and dust over the melted chocolate.
Allow the chocolate to harden and enjoy!!!
Let me know what you think of this little treat! If you're craving more recipes, make sure to try these:
- Make a Fun Breakfast with Pancake Shapes
- Iced Chocolate Almondmilk Shaken Espresso
- Soft Sugar Cookies- An Easy Cut Out Recipe
Rice Cake Snack with "Peanut butter and Jelly"
- 1 rice cake
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips I used dark chocolate, semi sweet
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon freeze dried strawberries, crushed
- cover the rice cake snack with peanut butter
- melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, then stir, repeat until chocolate chips are a creamy, melted consistency
- pour the chocolate over the rice cake snack and smooth over with a spoon
- sprinkle the crushed strawberries over the chocolate
- allow the melted chocolate to harden and then enjoy! Tip: for a quicker hardening time, put in the freezer!