Today I'm going to share with you this incredibly easy and delicious freeze dried strawberries chocolate bark treat. It's so easy to whip up and makes the cutest Valentine's Day gifts or treats for the family! These strawberries are a favorite "healthy" snack of mine from Trader Joes, so I thought why not make it extra with some chocolate covered freeze dried strawberries!? Read on for all the details.
Do you love Valentine's Day?! Here are some of our favorite Valentine's Day posts!
It doesn't get easier than this! All you need is:
- Chocolate chips of choice( I used semi-sweet) but they would be great with white chocolate chipstoo!
- Freeze dried strawberries- mine are from Trader Joes!
Pour chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Heat the chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Stir after each time. Stop heating once the chocolate chips are just melting and can be stirred into an even consistency. Tip: don't over heat! The chocolate will seize up and you will end up with a tough clay/burnt chocolate.
Once the chocolate chips are melted into a smooth consistency, pour it out onto parchment paper and spread it out evenly. I like my bark pretty thin, about ⅛ inch thick.
Next, crush up the freeze dried strawberries in a ziplock bag, and then sprinkle them over the top of the melted chocolate. Be as generous as you want to be- the more strawberries, the more flavorful!
Allow the freeze dried strawberries chocolate bark to set up until mostly firm but still slightly bendable/moldable. Once the chocolate is at this stage, take a heart shaped cookie cutter and press into the bark. If the cookie cutter doesn't fully cut the chocolate, use a sharp knife to cut around the edges made by the cutter. Make sure there is a clear break between the heart shapes and the surrounding chocolate edges. Keep cutting heart shapes until there is no bark left.
Once the chocolate has returned to room temperature and is fully set- ENJOY!
These would be so cute as little Valentine's day gifts! Put a few in a little baggie and hand them out to the people that you love the most! I am planning to make a large batch of these and send them with my husband to put in the teacher's lounge at his school. Feel free to make them out of white chocolate or any type of chocolate that you prefer! Please let me know if you make this and how it turns out.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Freeze Dried Strawberries Chocolate Bark
- microwave safe bowl
- parchment paper
- heart shaped cookie cutter
- knife optional
- ½ cup Chocolate chips of choice
- ½ cup freeze dried strawberries
- pour the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave in 30 second intervals until the chocolate melts into a smooth consistency
- spread the melted chocolate onto parchment paper with the spatula until it is about ⅛-1/4 inch thick all around
- crush the freeze dried strawberries in a ziplock bag and sprinkle over the melted chocolate, covering it fully
- allow the chocolate to set up until almost completely firm, but still bendable (about 30-40 minutes, depending on the temperature in the kitchen)
- take the heart shaped cookie cutter and cut heart shapes into the chocolate bark. If needed, use a knife to fully cut through the shape if the cookie cutter did not do so.
- allow the bark to set up completely, so that it "snaps" when broken. Carefully remove the cut out heart shapes