Hi Everyone! This past weekend was a special one for me, because I flew to Kansas City and spent the weekend with Claire! While I was there we helped one of our best friends prep for her daughter's unicorn themed 5th birthday party! I created a unicorn snacks board for the party, and I'm going to share that with you today! It was so easy to create and added such a fun element to the food table! I hope you enjoy this post and come away with some fun unicorn snacks ideas for your next unicorn party!
Unicorn Color Palate
The colors for this unicorn party were pastel rainbow, with emphasis on pinks and purples. While we couldn't find all pastels in the foods section, we blended that with traditional rainbow colors and I think it turned out perfectly!
Here is the list of snacks that we found, and they are all available at Target:
- Freeze Dried Strawberries
- Mythical Creatures Animal Cookies
- Sour Rainbow Belts
- Smart Sweets Peach Rings
- Lavender Shortbread Cookies
- Unicorn Funfetti
Assembling the Unicorn Snacks Board
I used a white platter and placed a pink and a purple bowl in the middle. This is not necessary but I wanted to add a little bit of height to the board. You can find similar bowls here (and these are great for kiddos!)
To assemble the unicorn snacks board, take the animal cookies and the shortbread cookies and group them around each bowl. Next, grab the freeze dried strawberries and make two piles on either sides of the platter, next to the cookies. Grab the sour belts and peach rings and make similar piles, trying to fill in all of the gaps around the platter. I like to make nice piles so that it fills up the platter quickly and to get that overflowing look! Do the same with the freeze dried strawberries.
Next, fill the two bowls on the platter full of popcorn. You can use different snacks in each bowl, but I didn't have enough so I just used the popcorn. Fill the popcorn so that there is a nice dome on the top, again, think overflowing! Take the unicorn funfetti sprinkles and sprinkle them all over the popcorn. (I didn't use the icing for this unicorn snacks board, and saved it for another use later.)
To finish it off, we used two leftover pink rock candy pops from the kids' favor bags! It turned out so cute and this unicorn snacks board was so easy to make!! I hope that you find a little inspiration in this snack board and use it to create your own unicorn snacks ideas! Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone!!!
Are you looking for more fun birthday party ideas? Check these out:
Unicorn Snacks Board
- 1 bag lavender shortbread cookies
- 1 bag mythical creatures animal cookies
- 1 bag freeze dried strawberries
- 1 bag peach rings
- 1 container pastel sour belts
- 1 bag popcorn
- 1 container unicorn funfetti
- 2 rock candy lollipops
- place two small bowls in the middle of platter or board
- arrange both types of cookies around the bowls
- add piles of peach rings and sour belts on either side of the board/platter, next to the cookies, trying to fill in all gaps
- add piles of freeze dried strawberries on either sides of the platter, again filling in any open gaps
- pour popcorn into the two bowls, filling them to a nice dome shape, almost overflowing
- sprinkle the unicorn funfetti sprinkles all over the popcorn (save frosting for another use)
- place the candy rock lollipops on top of the cookies/candy, one on either side
- serve and enjoy!!!