You've seen the viral Tik Tok cinnamon roll hack using heavy whipping cream, so it's time to level it up and make it even more basic with Pumpkin Spice cinnamon rolls! With just a few tweaks to the trend you can have the perfect fall breakfast treat. Is there anything better than the start of fall and seeing everything in the grocery stores have a pumpkin flavor? This recipe is a subtle nod to the season without being overwhelming, and is the perfect addition to your fall Saturday morning routine.
This trend took off on TikTok, and is so fun to customize. The heavy whipping cream absorbs into the store-bought cinnamon rolls and makes them just like the fancy Cinnabon or bakery versions. They're fluffy and each one tastes like the center piece of a pan of cinnamon rolls.
Looking for More Fun Recipes?
- Rice Cake S'mores (in the Air Fryer!)
- Easy Salted Caramel Sauce
- Campfire Strawberries- Made with Marshmallow Fluff!
- Bento Cakes- Make a Korean Lunchbox Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla (optional)
- Add seasoning and vanilla extract to the frosting the package of cinnamon rolls comes with to make it a bit more flavorful.
- Double the recipe and bake in a 9x13 pan if you're making breakfast for a larger crowd.
- Cover with foil to help the heavy whipping cream fully absorb into the rolls.
- Keep an eye on your baking time, as every oven varies. I set my timer for 30 minutes and then added 3-4 minutes at a time until they were fully baked.
- Instead of cinnamon, replace with pumpkin spice seasoning.
- Make these into birthday cinnamon rolls by adding sprinkles.
- Add pumpkin syrup to your heavy whipping cream before adding to the baking dish.
Don't forget to follow us on Pinterest!
Just look at how fluffy these are! It's amazing to look at the before and after and what a difference the heavy whipping cream makes. Thanks TikTok for the original idea and I can't wait to try other flavor combinations!
Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls with Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 round baking pan or use a 9x13 and double recipe
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 oven
- 1 sheet of aluminum foil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon can also use pumpkin spice seasoning
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 container icing that comes with the packaging
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash cinnamon or pumpkin spice seasoning
- Open your package of cinnamon rolls with a spoon or wack the edge on the counter after peeling off the first layer of paper.
- Spray your pan with oil, then add cinnamon rolls to the pan.
- Add your heavy whipping cream to the bottom of the pan. Make sure there's a layer of the cream sitting at the bottom of the pan so the cinnamon rolls are sitting in it.
- Melt butter in microwave, then combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Top your cinnamon rolls with the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Bake in over at 350° for 35-40 minutes. The exact time will vary with your oven, so keep an eye on them after that 30 minute mark.