Happy Sunday everyone! I was shopping at Trader Joes the other day and chatting with the cashier about recipes while I checked out. She noticed that I had grabbed their lemon curd and told me how she combines it with cream cheese (delish, right?!) and so I knew I needed to try that combo for myself! I randomly mixed some together and put it in a puff pastry and voila! This lemon curd puff pastry with cream cheese has become a staple in our household. My husband gobbles them up and reminds me that they are his favorite treats that I make! Today I am so excited to share this easy recipe with you! It only takes three ingredients and you can grab them all at Trader Joes or your favorite grocery store!
Lemon Curd Puff Pastry Ingredients
- Lemon Curd (Pre-made)
- Cream cheese (softened)
- Puff Pastry dough, from the frozen section
Take one part lemon curd and one part cream cheese, and mix together with a blender until combined. I have also used a whisk to whip it up, it just takes longer. Make sure the cream cheese is softened, it'll make it SO much easier to mix together, especially if doing it by hand!
Once the puff pastry dough has thawed according to the directions on the packaging, place the sheet flat on a clean countertop and use a sharp knife to cut it into quarters. Transfer each quarter to a baking pan and spoon the lemon mixture into the center. Fold the puff pastry over and dab some some water around the edges to seal it. Use a fork to press the edges firmly together.
Bake in a pre-heated oven until the pastry is golden brown and cooked through! I always bake my pastry slightly longer than according to the directions on the puff pastry package. Enjoy your delicious lemon curd puff pastry with cream cheese! We have ours for breakfast, as a dessert, and sometimes even for a mid afternoon snack! Please let me know if you end up making this and how you enjoy it!
Lemon Curd Puff Pastry with Cream Cheese
- 1 mixer
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz lemon curd
- 1 package pre-made puff pastry thawed
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- combine cream cheese and lemon curd using a mixer or a whisk
- cut each thawed puff pastry sheet into quarters, for a total of 8 pieces
- place each pastry piece onto a baking sheet
- add approximately 1-2 tablespoons of lemon mixture into the middle of each pastry (be careful not to add too much- otherwise it will leak out of the sides)
- dab water along the outer edges of each pastry and fold them in half, with the lemon mixture in the center
- seal the pastry by pressing a fork along the outer edges
- bake the pastries for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through