There are so many great fall flavors, it's the coziest time in the kitchen. These pumpkin hand pies are the perfect addition to any party or get together, and the best part is you can freeze them in advance! I'm already prepping some for Friendsgiving.
These hand pies are portable, flakey and easy to make. All you need is 5 ingredients, which includes the refrigerated crust! You can customize them in several ways too, including swapping the pumpkin filling for nutella or a s'mores mixture for a fun dessert.
Looking for more treats to try?
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls with Heavy Whipping Cream
- Easy Salted Caramel Sauce
- Easy Halloween Popcorn Balls
- 1 store-bought refrigerated crust
- ½ can of pumpkin (I used Libby's)
- ½ can sweet condensed milk
- 1 egg
- pumpkin pie seasoning
- Let your refrigerated pie crust thaw, then roll it out.
- Using your crimper or a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter cut out your shapes.
- Place one shape face up in the bottom of the hand pie maker, then fill with about a tablespoon of your pumpkin mixture.
- Place other cut out pie crust in crimper or on top of the bottom one that's filled, and close your hand pie maker, or press down edges with a fork if you're using cookie cutters to make your shapes.
- Repeat and add to a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, keeping an eye on your hand pies. Remove from the oven once the edges are golden brown. You do need to watch them, as each oven and shape/size will impact the baking speed.
- Try topping your hand pie with an egg wash.
- Top with cinnamon sugar for a sweet topping option
- Serve with a dollop of ice cream or mix powdered sugar and water to make a sweet glaze.
I bought a set from Home Goods, they're also available at Williams Sonoma. You can, however, use cookie cutters to make your desired shapes and hand pies. Just crimp the edges with a fork and cut a few slits across the top of the pie crust.
You can store them in an airtight container for 2-3 days, or freeze them to serve later.
Yes, you can freeze these hand pies. They'll store in the freezer for 6-8 weeks. When ready to serve, remove from freezer and allow to thaw. I'd pop them in the over or air fryer for a few minutes to reheat.
Pumpkin Hand Pies
- 1 oven
- 1 baking sheet
- 1 hand pie cutter could use cookie cutter or make rectangle shapes as well.
- 1 store bought refrigerated pie crust
- ½ can pumpkin
- ½ can sweet and condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning