We live in the best neighborhood and everyone knows each other. When the holidays come around it can be nice to share some joy, but it can be hard to come up with ideas to for gifts for neighbors. One of my favorite things to gift is cookies, but since we had a cookie decorating party I wanted to do something different this year.
When thinking of gifts for neighbors or friends I try to think of something consumable. We can get so many gifts and it's nice to have a treat to enjoy! And it's usually a bit more of a budget friendly item. This year I put together little hot cocoa gift packages! You could also do something completely edible like this adorable Gingerbread Wreath! Both are easy and cute gift ideas perfect for your neighborhood party or exchange.
Looking for more Christmas cheer?
- Make a Donut Hole Christmas Tree
- Pom Pom Christmas Wreath- Anthro Inspired!
- Christmas Family Gift Ideas for Everyone
Hot Cocoa Gifts
When putting together the gift I wanted to pick things that are adorable but that you may not buy for yourself.
- First, you'll want something to drink the hot cocoa in- I picked adorable to go cups from Pink Antler- these are similar. In my head it's the perfect treat for driving around and looking at Christmas lights!
- Next, the hot cocoa! I grabbed a variety pack of flavors and spread them out between the group of friends.
- Next I put together a little baggie with a cinnamon twist or peppermint spoon, and added a mug hugger with it. You can make your own gingerbread mug huggers too! How cute are these little cookies that can sit on your cup?
- These marshmallows are so cute and festive, I put a few in each pack.
- I love these marshmallow spoons- they have so many fun toppings and options!
Assembling the Gift
When putting the gift together, I put the cup lid and marshmallow spoon in the cup, then added the hot cocoa bottle. Then set the baggie next to it in the gift bag. Easy as can be! It helped buying in bulk and then opening and dividing the treats.
Other Gifts for Neighbors you can Make
Here are som ideas from gifts I've been given from neighbors that I've loved!
- A roll of cookie dough with instructions
- Hand soap and/or a festive candle
- A stove simmer in a jar with all the ingredients ready to be dumped in a pot.
- Homemade fudge, peanut brittle or cookies