This easy donut hole Christmas tree is the perfect addition to any Christmas brunch or party. It's easy to make, adorable, and kiddos will be so excited to pick off the donuts, or the marshmallows.
You can make your donut tree as big or little as you want depending on what craft cone you have on hand or if you have a larger or smaller group. I used festive marshmallows to fill in any holes and gaps but you could also use rosemary or florals for a fancier look and feel.
Looking for more Christmas treats?
Ingredients and Supplies
- 1 styrofoam cone in the size of your choice. I used one that's 11 inches tall, you could get a smaller version if you need/want less donut holes.
- Cling wrap
- 36-50 donut holes, depending on the size of your styrofoam cone.
- festive marshmallows- I used these.
- Start by wrapping cling wrap around your styrofoam cone. This helps hold the donut holes in place.
- Begin adding toothpicks into your cone, and then sliding on the donut holes. I start at the bottom. You want the toothpick to be about halfway inserted into the cone.
- Work your way up and around the tree with donut holes. Don't worry if there are little gaps, you'll be able to fill them in with marshmallows.
- Once you've used all your donut holes, add marshmallows to toothpicks and begin to fill in any gaps. I like to use a star marshmallow to top the tree too!
Depending on the size of your tree, I'd plan on around 50. I used 36 (2 packs of 18) and left a gap in the back of the display.
I would recommend taking the tree apart before trying to store the donut holes. You can throw away the cling wrap and save the cone to use again in the future.
While not absolutely necessary, it serves two purposes. First, it helps hold the donut holes onto the styrofoam tree, which makes it worthwhile. Secondly, it keeps the styrofoam from directly touching your food.
Cheers to Christmas brunch! Pair this breakfast treat with a grinch hot cocoa bomb and you'll be ready to open presents in no time!
Donut Hole Christmas Tree
- 1 box of toothpicks
- 1 styrofoam cone in desired size
- 1 sheet cling wrap
- 50 donut holes for a 11-12 inch tree. Can use a smaller amount as needed/proportional to a smaller cone.
- 1 bag tree and star marshmallows save any extras for hot cocoa
The biggest hit at our party!
This is adorable-and looks so easy. What a fun idea.