Happy October everyone! To kick off this month's festivities, I'm going to share how to make adorable white chocolate ghosts with you today! These are perfect as cupcake toppers (as shown here), cake toppers, or cute additions to a Halloween themed candy or snacks board! My little white chocolate ghosts are quick to whip up and can be decorated however you'd like.
Check out our Halloween archives for some spooky inspo!
White Chocolate Ghosts Supplies List
- White chocolate chips
- Black edible gel
- Orange candy melts (optional)
- Pink candy melts (optional)
- Parchment paper
- Piping bags (optional)
Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Heat the white chocolate chips at 30 second increments, stirring between each heating, until melted smooth. Dip the back of the spoon into the chocolate, fully coating the back. Next, press the spoon onto the parchment paper in a downward motion. Repeat until the parchment paper is no longer visible under the white chocolate.
Each ghost should be roughly two to three inches long. Every one will be slightly different and that is what makes them cute! Continue making as many ghosts as desired. Once finished, place the parchment paper on a cookie sheet, and refrigerate until the chocolate is hardened again, about 30 minutes.
Once the white chocolate is hardened, use the edible black gel to make little faces on the ghosts! I love making different expressions on them to make it more playful! The gel sets pretty well, but it will smear so be mindful of that.
This last step is completely optional, but I enjoyed it! I used the orange and pink meltable candies to pipe on little bows and bowties for my white chocolate ghosts. The process for melting these candies is the same as with the chocolate. Microwave at 30 second increments, stirring in between each heating time, until smooth. Take two disposable piping bags and fill them with orange and pink melted candies, respectively. Pipe little orange bowties on half of the ghosts and little pink bows on the second half. So cute! The candy should harden pretty quickly on the cold white chocolate, but if not, place the ghosts back in the fridge for a few minutes once finished.
I found some adorable Halloween themed cupcake cups at Home Goods that were PERFECT for these little ghosties! My husband has been gobbling these cupcakes up all weekend. These white chocolate ghost cupcakes would be such a hit for a Halloween themed party or event! Please let me know if you make these in the comments below.
White Chocolate Ghosts
- measuring cup
- parchment paper
- 2 disposable piping bags
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup orange candy melts
- ¼ cup pink candy melts
- Pour the white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl, and heat at 30 second intervals. Stir between each heating time, continue until the white chocolate is melted smooth
- Fully coat the back of a spoon with the melted white chocolate, and press the spoon onto parchment paper in a downward motion. Repeat until the parchment paper is no longer visible under the white chocolate
- Continue making ghosts until the white chocolate is used- if the chocolate hardens before finishing, microwave it for a few seconds
- Place the parchment paper on a cookie sheet (optional) and put in the refrigerate to harden for approximately 30 minutes
- Once the ghosts have set up in the refrigerator, use the edible black gel to pipe little faces on the ghosts
- Melt the orange and pink candies using the same method as above.
- Put the orange melted candy into one piping bag, and the pink into the other
- Pipe orange bowties onto half of the ghosts and pink bows onto the other half
- Enjoy as a topper on cupcakes, cakes, candy boards, or serve as is!