Is anyone else craving summer time with all the fruits?! I don't know if it's because school is just getting out or the weather warming up, but our house is going CRAZY with fruit consumption at the moment! We are loving all the summer fruits, and I've been making homemade popsicles which are a huge hit. If you're loving fruit pops like I am you need to try this red, white and blue rocket pop or our lemonade popsicle for your summer get togethers.
Adding strawberry to this lime popsicle base made is so delicious. It's seriously yummy and the perfect family treat. Initially I was going to make a lime popsicle by itself, but my husband requested another fruit to mix it up, and I'm so glad I took his suggestion.
How to make it
The only ingredients needed for this yummy popsicle are limes, strawberries, water and honey! It's so simple!! I recently purchased this popsicle mold and am loving it! It came with disposable wooden sticks and reusable ones, which is so nice for making popsicles for the family or for an event!
The first step is squeezing the limes! I recommend a citrus juicer for this step, especially if doubling the batch. Next, cut off the green leafy top on the strawberries. Put the lime juice, strawberries, water and honey into a blender and blend until smooth.
If you want a less textured popsicle, strain the liquid through a strainer to get the strawberry seeds out! Fill the mold with the liquid mixture and add the popsicle sticks. Place the mold in the freezer and now the hard part begins.. THE WAITING! But trust me, it's so worth it. I hope you enjoy this lime popsicle with the added strawberries! Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Lime Popsicle with Strawberry!
- citrus juicer optional
- measuring cup
- mesh strainer optional
- 6 limes or enough for ½ cup of lime juice
- 1 8 oz package strawberries
- ½ cup water
- 4 tablespoon honey
- juice the limes (it should make approximately ½ cup)
- cut the green leafy top off the strawberries and discard the tops
- add the lime juice, strawberries, water and honey to a blender
- blend until smooth
- strain the mixture through a mesh strainer
- pour the strained liquid mixture into the popsicle molds and add the popsicle sticks
- freeze until solid, about 6 hours
- Enjoy your lime popsicle with strawberry!