Hi Everyone! Summertime is almost over (so sad!) and I'm reminiscing over all of our fun summer get togethers. We still have a little time before fall is in full swing, so I thought I would share these fun flower ice cubes to spruce up any summer-or spring- event in your future! They are very easy to make and add such a cute touch to bridal showers, baby showers, birthday parties, or iced drinks.
Needing some party inspo? Check out our Celebrations page!
How to Use Flower Ice Cubes
Once the flower ice cubes are made, there are a variety of ways to use them. Here are a few ideas:
- Ice Bucket Decor- Throw a few of these into the ice bucket to elevate any drinks table!
- Floral Flavored Iced Lattes- Making a lavender iced latte? Freeze some food grade lavender into cubes and use those instead of regular ice.
- Mocktails or Cocktails- This one is my favorite! Add flower ice cubes in the color/flavor of any iced drink to add that extra cuteness to the drink. This is perfect for bridal or baby showers and sure to impress guests.
- Ice tray- any shape
- Food grade dried flowers
- Glass measuring cup
How to Make Flower Ice Cubes
Step one: Fill ice cube tray half full ONLY. Place flowers in the tray and put the tray in the freezer. Let it freeze thoroughly, about 1.5 hours.
Step two: Once the half cubes are frozen, fill the cubes the rest of the way with fresh water. Place tray back in the freezer. Allow to freeze thoroughly again, approximately another 1.5 hours.
Step three: Once the tray is completely frozen, take out the ice cubes and use them as desired!
Food grade flowers should always be used. I bought mine on amazon, but if you have fresh food grade flowers, those will work too. Either dried or fresh flowers will work with this recipe.
Freezing the ice cubes in halves will give the "floating" effect of the flower in the middle of the ice cube. The flowers may float to the top if the full ice cube is made at once.
That's a Wrap!
I hope you enjoyed this sweet but simple tutorial on how to make flower ice cubes. It really is so easy and such a fun little touch for summer parties! Please let me know if you have any questions in the comments below.
Flower Ice Cubes
- ice tray
- glass measuring cup
- water filtered or any drinking water
- food grade dried flowers or fresh, if available
- Fill the ice tray half full with water and add dried flowers
- Place the tray in the freezer and allow the cubes to freeze fully
- Remove the tray and fill each cube fully with water
- Place the tray back in the freezer and let the cubes freeze
- Once frozen, remove the tray and use as desired!